Coinbase (COIN) receives SEC 'Wells Notice'
- S&P 500, Nasdaq fall as tech shares give up gains
- AI boom could continue to drive S&P 500 higher - Goldman
- Deutsche Bank, Wells Fargo expect US recession to start in Q4 2023
- Cathie Wood buys the dip in Coinbase shares amid SEC crackdown
- United Natural Foods (UNFI) cuts its forecast after FQ3 earnings miss; Shares crash 25%
Get Alerts COIN Hot Sheet
Join SI Premium – FREE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN) received a “Wells Notice” from the Staff (“Staff”) of the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) stating that the Staff has advised the Company that it made a “preliminary determination” to recommend that the SEC file an enforcement action against the Company alleging violations of the federal securities laws, including the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”), and the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”). Based on discussions with the Staff, the Company believes these potential enforcement actions would relate to aspects of the Company’s spot market, staking service Coinbase Earn, Coinbase Prime and Coinbase Wallet. The potential civil action may seek injunctive relief, disgorgement, and civil penalties. The Company published additional information on a blog related to the foregoing which can be found at www.coinbase.com/blog and on the Twitter feeds of Brian Armstrong (@brian_armstrong) and Paul Grewal (@iampaulgrewal). Information on or accessible through the Company’s website or Twitter is not incorporated by reference in this Current Report on Form 8-K.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of America: Coinbase faces ongoing regulatory headwinds amid SEC lawsuit
- FCM Plans for Mind Medicine's (MNMD) MM-120 (LSD) FDA Approval in 2026 And Extends Share Lockup Until June 15, 2026
- Grid Dynamics Holdings (GDYN) Reaffirms Q2 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!