Cocrystal Pharma (COCP) Extends Drug Discovery Collaboration with HitGen and InterX
- Wall St ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cocrystal Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: COCP), (“Cocrystal” or the “Company”), a clinical-stage biotechnology company discovering and developing novel antiviral therapeutics that target the replication machinery of influenza viruses, the SARS-CoV-2 virus, hepatitis C viruses and noroviruses, announces an extension of its drug discovery collaboration with HitGen, a biotech company with an innovative DNA Encoded Library technology, and InterX Inc., a computer software company with a biomolecular simulation for drug discovery. The collaboration was initiated in September 2017 and will now continue through August 2023.
Through this collaboration, Cocrystal, HitGen and InterX scientists are applying HitGen’s DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology platform, Cocrystal’s structure-based drug discovery platform technology, and InterX’s computational science to develop novel antiviral lead candidates. The DEL technology combines the power of molecular biology, combinatorial chemistry, high throughput sequencing and advanced informatics to identify potential drug candidates. Cocrystal applies its technology to determine the cocrystal structures of the potential drug candidates identified from the DEL library. This structural information is then combined with InterX’s advanced computer algorithms to predict inhibitor-target interactions. A Joint Steering Committee comprised of representatives from all three companies is overseeing the collaboration.
“This collaboration represents a truly innovative and important approach to drug discovery in which we combine three novel platforms to generate and select molecules that could lead to superior drugs,” said Gary Wilcox, Ph.D., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Cocrystal. “We view this collaboration as a long-term relationship with the potential to build Cocrystal’s platform and expand our pipeline with high-value compounds for future development.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aristotle (ARTL) Reports First Patient in CAReS Study with ART27.13 for Treatment of Cancer-Related Anorexia and Weight Loss
- Zynex, Inc. (ZYXI) Announces 140% Year over Year Order Growth in Q1
- Arcutis Biotherapeutics Inc. (ARQT) Begins Phase 3 Clinical Trial of Topical Roflumilast Cream (ARQ-151)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!