Ciena (CIEN) Announces $250M Accelerated Share Buyback
- S&P 500, Nasdaq slide as weak economic data, dire outlooks stoke recession fears
- 'Snap Drops a Bomb': Snap (SNAP) Stock Crashes Nearly 30% on Forecast Cut, Musk-Twitter Saga to Get a 'Whole Lot More Interesting' Says Analyst
- Bill Ackman Says Fed Must Aggressively Raise Rates Now to Combat Inflation or Economy Will Collapse
- Intuit Shares Gain 3% on Q3 Earnings Beat and Raise
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/24: Wendy's Gains on Possible Peltz Deal, Nordstrom Up Following Earnings (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ciena Corporation (NYSE: CIEN) (the “Company”) today announced that it has entered into an accelerated share repurchase (ASR) agreement with Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC (“Goldman”) to repurchase $250.0 million of the Company’s common stock as part of the Company’s previously announced $1.0 billion share repurchase program. The Company expects to fund the ASR from cash on hand and cash generated from operations.
Under the ASR agreement, the Company will make a payment of $250.0 million to Goldman, and will receive an initial share delivery of approximately 2.7 million shares from Goldman, representing approximately 80% of the expected share repurchases under the ASR agreement, based on the closing price of the common stock of $74.12 on December 13, 2021. The final number of shares of common stock to ultimately be purchased by the Company under the ASR agreement will be based generally on the average of the daily volume-weighted average prices of the common stock during the term of the transaction, less a discount and subject to adjustments pursuant to the terms and conditions of the ASR agreement. Final settlement of the transactions under the ASR agreement is expected to occur during the fiscal quarter ending April 30, 2022.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Holdings (OPY) Announces 550K Share Buyback
- Triumph Bancorp (TBK) Announces Authorization of Additional $75 Million Repurchase Program
- SPAR Group (SGRP) Announces 500K Share Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Twitter, Stock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!