BorgWarner (BWA) Tops Q4 EPS by 25c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) reported Q4 EPS of $1.18, $0.25 better than the analyst estimate of $0.93. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.93 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.64 billion.
Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- U.S. GAAP net sales of $3,926 million, up 53.4% compared with fourth quarter 2019.
- Excluding the impact of foreign currencies and the impact of the Delphi Technologies acquisition, net sales were up 6.2% compared with fourth quarter 2019.
- U.S. GAAP net income of $358 million, or $1.52 per diluted share.
- Excluding the $0.34 per diluted share related to non-comparable items (detailed in the table below), adj. net income was $1.18 per diluted share.
- U.S. GAAP operating income of $214 million, or 5.5% of net sales.
- Excluding the $234 million of net pretax impacts related to non-comparable items, adj. operating income was $448 million, or 11.4% of net sales.
- Net cash provided by operating activities of $416 million.
- Free cash flow of $197 million.
BorgWarner sees FY2021 EPS of $3.85-$4.25, versus the consensus of $3.84. BorgWarner sees FY2021 revenue of $14.7-15.3 billion, versus the consensus of $14.61 billion.
- The Company has provided 2021 full year guidance. Net sales are expected to be in the range of $14.7 billion to $15.3 billion, compared with 2020 pro forma combined sales of $12.8 billion. This implies a year-over-year increase in organic sales of 12% to 17%. The Company expects its weighted light and commercial vehicle markets to increase in the range of approximately 11% to 14% in 2021. Foreign currencies are expected to result in a year-over-year increase in sales of approximately $355 million, primarily due to the strengthening of the Euro and Chinese Renminbi against the U.S. dollar.
- Operating margin is expected to be in the range of 8.6% to 9.5%. Excluding the impact of non-comparable items, adjusted operating margin is expected to be in the range of 10.0% to 10.5%. Net earnings are expected to be within a range of $3.23 to $3.77 per diluted share. Excluding the impact of non-comparable items, adjusted net earnings are expected to be within a range of $3.85 to $4.25 per diluted share. Full-year operating cash flow is expected to be in the range of $1,450 million to $1,600 million, while free cash flow is expected to be in the range of $800 million to $900 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BorgWarner (BWA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of New York (BK) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat
- Biomerica, Inc. (BMRA) reported consolidated sales of $3.62 million for the fiscal third quarter
- CPI Aerostructures (CVU) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!