Bentley to Produce Electric Vehicles in UK
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 drop 3% as growth stocks rally wanes
- Target (TGT) Stock Collapses 24% on Disappointing Results, Analyst Downgrades to Hold
- Retail Stocks Crushed as Target (TGT) and Walmart (WMT) Reports Showed 'Dramatic' Margin Pressure; TJX (TJX) Up 10% on Stronger Margin Performance Than Peers
- Tesla (TSLA) Price Target Cut at Piper Sandler by 18% on China Lockdowns, Shares Still Seen as a 'Cornerstone Holding'
- Finland, Sweden apply to join NATO amid Turkish objections
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bentley Motors announced today that the company has secured UK production of its very first Battery-Powered Electric Vehicle. Bentley is committed to investing £2.5 billion in sustainability over the next ten years. The announcement is a major boost for the UK economy and helps secure Bentley’s first step into electrification at the production plant.
The first BEV is scheduled to roll off the production line in 2025 and is a critical step in the company’s Beyond100 strategy —a plan launched in 2020 that will ensure Bentley is exclusively electric and end-to-end carbon neutral by 2030.
Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and CEO of Bentley Motors, said in a statement released today, “Beyond100 is the boldest plan in Bentley’s illustrious history, and in the luxury segment. It’s an ambitious and credible roadmap to carbon neutrality of our total business system, including the shift to 100 per cent BEV in just eight years.” Our aim is to become the benchmark not just for luxury cars or sustainable credentials but the entire scope of our operations. Securing production of our first BEV in Crewe is a milestone moment for Bentley, and the UK, as we plan for a long-term sustainable future in Crewe.”
Peter Bosch, Board Member for Manufacturing at Bentley Motors, added:
“Today is arguably the most important day in Bentley’s modern history, and is a testament to the hard work and skill of our colleagues in Crewe. The journey really does start now. We are already marking the pinnacle in luxury car production and have already transformed our factory to become carbon neutral, with industry-leading environmental credentials. With our new ‘Dream Factory’ concept, we now go to zero also with water, waste, and other environmental impacts until 2030. Unique craftsmanship, customer interaction and employee experience will be enhanced by digital tech, higher flexibility, and new ways of personalization. We will develop the best of Crewe into the future benchmark of luxury car manufacturing.”
By Michael Elkins | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stellantis (STLA) Outlines Plans to Introduce New Electric Vehicle in India
- Altamira Therapeutics (CYTO) Issues Shareholder Letter
- Funko (FNKO) Appoints Rich Paul to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesMichael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!