Agios Pharma (AGIO) Shareholders Approve Sale of Oncology Business to Servier
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AGIO), a leader in the field of cellular metabolism to treat genetically defined diseases, today announced that its shareholders voted to approve the previously disclosed sale of its commercial, clinical and research-stage oncology portfolio to Servier Pharmaceuticals, LLC, an independent global pharmaceutical company.
Approximately 99.9% of the shares voted at the Special Meeting, representing approximately 90% of the outstanding shares entitled to vote, were voted in favor of the transaction. Agios will file the final vote results, as certified by the independent Inspector of Election, on a Form 8-K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Agios expects the close of the transaction to occur around March 31, 2021, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Agios also announced that its board of directors authorized the repurchase of up to $1.2 billion of its outstanding shares after the close of the transaction. Agios expects to conduct the share repurchases over the next 12-18 months, including executing a meaningful portion of the planned repurchases by year-end through a combination of 10b5-1 plans, open market purchases and potentially privately negotiated block sales.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Blucora Inc. (BCOR) Announces Glass Lewis Recommends Stockholders Vote on the BLUE Proxy Card “FOR” All Blucora Director Nominees
- Johnson Controls (JCI) to Acquire Silent-Aire for Up to $870 Million
- Box (BOX) Confirms Strategic Partnership with KKR (KKR), Including $500 Million KKR-led Investment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!