ASML Holdings (ASML) Reports Q1 EPS of EUR3.21 on Revenues of EUR4.36B; Offers 2Q Revenue Outlook
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ASML Holdings (NASDAQ: ASML) reported Q1 EPS of EUR3.21. Revenue for the quarter came in at EUR4.36 billion, versus EUR0 reported last year.
- Q1 net sales of €4.4 billion, gross margin of 53.9%, net income of €1.3 billion
- Q1 net bookings of €4.7 billion
- ASML expects Q2 2021 net sales between €4.0 billion and €4.1 billion and a gross margin around 49%
CEO statement and outlook"Our first-quarter sales came in at €4.4 billion, which is above our guidance. The gross margin came in at 53.9%, also well above our guidance. The primary driver for higher revenue and gross margin was the increased Installed Base business. Due to the current high-demand environment, customers are utilizing software upgrades to increase capacity as quickly as possible. Our first-quarter net bookings came in at €4.7 billion, including €2.3 billion from EUV systems.
"Compared to three months ago, we are seeing a significant increase in demand across all market segments and our product portfolio. The build-up of the digital infrastructure with secular growth drivers such as 5G, AI and High-Performance Computing solutions fuels demand for advanced and mature nodes in Logic as well as Memory. We now expect revenue growth towards 30% in 2021 compared to last year," said ASML President and Chief Executive Officer Peter Wennink.
ASML Holdings sees Q2 2021 revenue of EUR4-4.1 million, versus the consensus of EUR4.89 million.
- ASML expects second-quarter revenue between €4.0 billion and €4.1 billion with a gross margin around 49%
- R&D costs of €650 million and SG&A costs of €175 million
- Estimated annualized effective tax rate is expected to be between 14% and 15% for 2021.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ASML Holdings (ASML) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (MYTE) Reports Q3 Revenues of EUR164.8M
- Baozun Inc. (BZUN) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c, Revenues Miss
- Kingsoft Cloud Holdings Limited (KC) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!