China central bank chief says to keep economy healthy
- Wall St rises at open after Walmart, Home Depot results beat
- Walmart (WMT) Tops Q1 EPS by 48c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Performance Food Group (PFGC) to Acquire Core-Mark (CORE) for $2.5B in Cash and Stock
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's central bank will pursue a prudent monetary policy and keep the world's second-biggest economy growing at a "healthy" rate, Governor Zhou Xiaochuan said on Thursday.
In remarks reiterating the central bank's policy stance, Zhou added that authorities would firmly guard against systemic or regional financial risks in the country.
His comments were published on the central bank's website.
(Reporting by Koh Gui Qing; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iShares China Large-Cap (FXI) call put ratio 3.9 calls to 1 put with focus on May 45.50 calls
- U.S. stocks rebound after rout, bond yields dip
- Fed's Bullard: U.S. on verge of moving from recovery to expansion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesContributors, Fed
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!