T-Mobile Honors Top Innovators at Inaugural “Unconventional” Awards
- Wall Street ends down sharply, hit by Apple and China worries
- Morgan Stanley's Tesla (TSLA) Twitter survey shows investors are concerned
- Apple (AAPL) threatened to withhold Twitter from App Store says Musk
- Black Friday frenzy generates record $9.1 billion in online sales - report
- Dollar rebounds on Fed expectations, Aussie drops
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Un-carrier recognizes customers who are disrupting their industries, breaking conventions and challenging the status quo
BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Un-carrier is Un-conventional. So, it’s no surprise that T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) created an award to recognize and celebrate T-Mobile for Business customers who dare to innovate. The first-ever Unconventional Awards took place on September 29 at Mobile World Congress in Las Vegas, NV, honoring customers in three categories: Innovation in Customer Experience, Innovation in Employee Enablement and Innovation in Industry. T-Mobile awarded the first-place finishers in each category with a $25,000 in-kind donation to their charity of choice.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220929005563/en/
T‑Mobile Honors Top Innovators at Inaugural “Unconventional” Awards. The Un‑carrier recognizes customers who are disrupting their industries, breaking conventions and challenging the status quo. (Graphic: Business Wire)
“We know a thing or two about innovating and transforming how work gets done, and we wanted to recognize that same spirit in the customers we support,” said Callie Field, President, T-Mobile Business Group. “We created the Unconventional Awards to honor organizations driving business and education forward with original thinking. This is more than just celebrating the winners’ accomplishments — it’s also a tribute to being bold and taking risks to advance business and education.”
Here are the first-place winners, recognized for their innovation in each category:
- Customer Experience: Tennessee State University (Nashville, TN) – Developed an academic Esports program using T-Mobile 5G to recruit and retain underserved students by creating pathways from gaming to STEM.
- Employee Enablement: Goodwill of North Georgia (Atlanta, GA) – Created a donation tracking program that utilizes T-Mobile’s network to digitize information that helps revolutionize employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Industry: Morehouse College (Atlanta, GA) – Launched the world’s first “Metaversity,” offering virtual reality classroom experiences, powered by T-Mobile 5G, that are changing the future of learning and education.
Second and third place finishers in each category were awarded in-kind donations of $10,000 and $5,000, respectively, to their charity of choice, and include:
- Customer Experience: 2nd — Amazon Explore, Inc.; 3rd — Motlow State Community College
- Employee Enablement: 2nd — Unifi; 3rd — Black & Veatch
- Industry: 2nd — Highlands Community Charter and Technical Schools; 3rd — Uber
Award criteria was based on embracing unconventional DNA, demonstrating originality and measuring impact — decided by a panel of judges including Phillipa Leighton-Jones, Barron's Group SVP, The Trust, The Wall Street Journal; Will Townsend, VP & Principal Analyst — Networking & Security, Moor Insights & Strategy; Matthew Griffin, Founder, 311 Institute; and Kimberly Wyman, VP of Customer Care for Business, T-Mobile.
“We were all blown away by the creative ways organizations are pushing boundaries and evolving experiences for their employees, customers and students across a wide variety of industries,” said Wyman. “At T-Mobile, we’re all about forward-thinking solutions, and it was incredibly inspiring to see so many of our customers taking an unconventional path to find new ways of doing business.”
To learn more about the T-Mobile for Business Unconventional Awards, visit www.t-mobile.com/business/unconventional-awards.
Follow T-Mobile’s Official Twitter Newsroom @TMobileNews to stay up to date with the latest company news.
T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: https://www.t-mobile.com.
T-Mobile US, Inc. Media Relations
Source: T-Mobile US, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Access Group Reports 43% Increase in Pro Forma Revenue During a Year of Rising Profits, Strong Organic Growth and Acquisitions
- 79% of Directors in Ireland Do Not Integrate ESG Metrics into Executive Directors’ Compensation
- Trilliant Partners with Manx Utilities to Commence Smart Electricity Meters Roll-out across the Isle of Man
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesBarron's, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!