SpineGuard Strengthens Its US Organization
- S&P 500 dips after US inflation data, ending weak third quarter
- Fed's preferred inflation measure softer than expected in August
- Apple (AAPL) met with China government to discuss new restrictive regulations - WSJ
- Analysts cut 3Q delivery estimates on Tesla (TSLA)
- Nike shares gain 8% on big EPS upside; Stock seen as an 'undervalued outperfomer'
PARIS & BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Regulatory News:
SpineGuard (FR0011464452 – ALSGD), an innovative company that deploys its DSG® (Dynamic Surgical Guidance) sensing technology to secure and streamline the placement of bone implants announced today the appointment of Patrick Pilcher as Vice President of Sales & Marketing for the United States, effective May 3, 2021.
Patrick Pilcher joins SpineGuard as Vice President of Sales and Marketing with the U.S. responsibility for driving distribution channel development, launching the new DSG Connect platform and contributing to industry partnership activities to further leverage DSG, SpineGuard’s core technology.
Mr. Pilcher has over 30 years of sales, sales management, marketing and business development experience in the medical device and peripheral spine surgery arena. Over the course of his career, his areas of expertise were tied to spinal fusion, dynamic stabilization, motion preservation, neuromonitoring, and orthobiologic modalities. During that time, he held roles in both legacy corporations such as Medtronic (SDG), Zimmer and start-ups with Spinal Concepts (Abbott), Pioneer Surgical (Surgalign), Surgical Monitoring (Sentient Medical), Spinal Elements, AlloSource and CellRight Technologies.
Pierre Jérôme, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of SpineGuard, said: “With U.S. profitable operations, the FDA clearance of our DSG Connect platform and a secured cash runway, the right conditions are now in place for strengthening our US organization. I am thrilled to welcome Patrick aboard! His passion for meaningful medtech innovation and extensive US spine industry experience in shaping and driving the execution of growth strategies make him the suitable leader we need to move our U.S. business forward and expand the adoption of our DSG technology.”
Patrick Pilcher added: “I am excited at the opportunity to join this seasoned team and drive SpineGuard in the U.S. to further integrate its elegant, and technologically advanced DSG solutions into the mainstream of the evolving paradigm of spinal instrumentation. Our mantra remains in promoting the safest means of bony fixation with a significant reduction of radiation and time, while mitigating the inherent risks of neuro-vascular insults. We are poised to bring safety and confidence to any hospital or surgery center where spine cases using pedicle fixation are performed addressing a range of cases from primary to complex deformities.”
SpineGuard is focusing on the following priorities while investing selectively to remain close to breakeven:
- Boost commercial activities with the launch of the DSG-Connect visual interface.
- Accelerate the implementation of the DSG digital technology in the surgical robotic field through the deployment of AI algorithms, new scientific evidence, and additional patents.
- Intensify the collaboration with ConfiDent ABC for the dental application and co-develop a new generation of products embedding the DSG technology.
- Affirm the company’s technological shift and sign new strategic partnerships in particular for the use of DSG technology in the robotic field.
Next financial press release: 2021 half-year revenue on July 7, 2021
Founded in 2009 in France and the USA by Pierre Jérôme and Stéphane Bette, SpineGuard is an innovative company deploying its proprietary radiation-free real time sensing technology DSG® (Dynamic Surgical Guidance) to secure and streamline the placement of implants in the skeleton. SpineGuard designs, develops and markets medical devices that have been used in over 80,000 surgical procedures worldwide. Sixteen studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals have demonstrated the multiple benefits DSG® offers to patients, surgeons, surgical staff and hospitals. Building on these solid fundamentals and several strategic partnerships, SpineGuard has expanded its technology platform in a disruptive innovation: the « smart » pedicle screw launched late 2017 and is broadening the scope of applications in dental implantology and surgical robotics. DSG® was co-invented by Maurice Bourlion, Ph.D., Ciaran Bolger, M.D., Ph.D., and Alain Vanquaethem, Biomedical Engineer.
For further information, visit www.spineguard.com
The SpineGuard securities may not be offered or sold in the United States as they have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act or any United States state securities laws, and SpineGuard does not intend to make a public offer of its securities in the United States. This is an announcement and not a prospectus, and the information contained herein does and shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of the securities referred to herein in the United States in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or exemption from registration.
Chairman and CEO
Tél. : +33 1 45 18 45 19
Chief Financial Officer
Europe / NewCap
Investor Relations & Financial Communication
Mathilde Bohin / Pierre Laurent
Tél. : +33 1 44 71 94 94
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPENG Announces Vehicle Delivery Results for September and Third Quarter 2023
- Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Cellcard with the 2023 Cambodian Product Leadership Award for Offering Innovative Products that Provide Affordable Access to Mobile Data
- Optomind and MaxLinear announce collaboration on PAM4 112Gbps OSFP 800Gbps SR8 transceiver solution at ECOC Exhibition 2023
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!