Progressive Grocer Reveals GenNext Winners
- IBM weighs on the Dow; Nasdaq and S&P gain ground
- Intel (INTC) Stock Sinks 7% as Q3 Revenue Misses, Guidance Disappoints and CFO Exits
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings
- Trump Media To Go Public Via $1.7 Billion SPAC Deal, Aims to Fight the Big Tech
- Tesla (TSLA) Beats EPS and Revenue Views on Improving Gross Margins, Analysts Praise Very Solid Quarter But Warn of 'Aggressive Valuation' as Stock 'Priced to Perfection'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
- Ninety leaders from 50 companies earn unique GenNext honor
- Program recognizes achievement and potential of those under the age of 40 moving the grocery industry forward
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The unprecedented circumstances the grocery industry faced during the past year brought out the best in companies who overcame unfamiliar challenges and capitalized on new opportunities to serve customers. Behind these efforts, countless individuals who represent the next generation of grocery industry leadership, were making a difference and having an impact. Progressive Grocer’s GenNext program recognizes these individuals, their achievements and potential for further greatness.
GenNext award winners, 90 individuals under the age of 40 from 50 different companies, are featured in the October issue of Progressive Grocer and at ProgressiveGrocer.com. They will also be recognized during GenNext 2021: The Future Leaders Forum, held virtually on Dec. 9.
“Talent has always mattered in retail, but the pandemic heightened the need for leaders with diverse skill sets to manage familiar and new challenges,” said Mike Troy, Editorial Director of Progressive Grocer. “Grocery is a team sport, but individual leadership is essential, and during a year in which the food and consumables industry remained highly disrupted there were many individuals who distinguished themselves.”
GenNext winners were determined after a four-month nomination and evaluation process. Progressive Grocer asked the industry it serves to share stories of innovators, disruptors and difference-makers having an impact on their organization, the industry, colleagues, and communities. In addition to accomplishments, nominators described individuals who possess an “it” factor that sets them apart as GenNext leaders.
“Those nominated for the GenNext program are poised for higher levels of leadership and that’s what makes reviewing the entries so exciting for the Progressive Grocer editorial team,” said Gina Acosta, Executive Editor of Progressive Grocer. “We know that among this year’s GenNexters there are individuals who are going to help shape the future of the industry.”
GenNext is part of Progressive Grocer’s industry leading portfolio of programs that recognize different facets of industry leadership, including the Top Women in Grocery (TWIG) and Impact Awards programs.
About Progressive Grocer: Progressive Grocer, founded in 1922, is the nation’s leading media platform focused on the food and consumables industry and is part of the EnsembleIQ family of brands.
Mike Troy at Mtroy@EnsembleIQ.com or 813-857-6512
Source: Progressive Grocer
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Terminix Wins Innovation in the Enterprise Award
- Putnam Announces Distribution Rates for Open End Funds
- NN, Inc. To Hold Third Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call on Friday, November 5, 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!