Kinetic Business by Windstream Expands Black Business Support Fund
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kinetic Business by Windstream, a long-trusted community partner for communication services, announced the expansion of the Black Business Support Fund. Now customers in any Georgia market Kinetic serves, along with previously eligible businesses in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area and in Lexington, Kentucky, can take advantage of this grant. Launched in November 2020, the fund seeks to increase the number and stability of Black-owned businesses in its service footprint.
“We’ve been able to help some small businesses in the Charlotte area and in Lexington in the short time we’ve been taking applications,” said Lorenzo Clark, vice president of inside sales for Kinetic and president of the Windstream Black Professional Network Committee. “It’s time to expand to more communities to keep the momentum going.”
Businesses selected for the grants will receive free Kinetic Business Internet for a year and a cash award up to $5,000. The businesses will also get a free business consultation from Kinetic Business on processes and products that could improve efficiencies and make their business more profitable.
To be eligible for a Black Business Support Fund grant, a business must:
- Be a new or current small business customer in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area or in Lexington, Kentucky, or any Georgia market Kinetic serves receiving broadband Internet from Kinetic;
- Be Black-owned and have 25 or fewer employees;
- Not be currently engaged in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Not be a nonprofit organization, liquor store, check-cashing agency, gun shop, pawn shop or adult entertainment business; and
- Not apply for multiple businesses.
Funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. Applicants should check Black Business Support Fund website for full terms and conditions and application process.
Kinetic has a long history of partnering with business and residential customers to connect communities to what’s important. Kinetic by Windstream is committed to deploying fiber and fiber-like services to communities across the 18-state Kinetic footprint. This multi-year, $2 billion investment expanding fast, reliable connection allows residential customers gig speeds to navigate the internet safely from home with no lag times while they work, learn or stream entertainment services. Businesses ranging from small to enterprise can take advantage of the fiber-backed network to deploy solutions that make their companies more efficient and profitable such as OfficeSuite UC® and SD-WAN.
Windstream Holdings is a privately held communications and software company. Windstream offers managed communications services, including SD-WAN and UCaaS, and high-capacity bandwidth and transport services to businesses across the U.S. The company also provides premium broadband, entertainment and security services through an enhanced fiber network and 5G fixed wireless service to consumers and small and midsize businesses primarily in rural areas in 18 states. Additional information is available at windstream.com. Follow us on Twitter at @Windstream.
Source: Windstream Holdings
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Newegg Shoppers Can Now Pay with Dogecoin
- DYNAMIC GROWTH – NEW SALES RECORD IN FIRST QUARTER – ANNUAL TARGET RAISED
- NCLA Asks AZ Court of Appeals to Require Due Process Before DCS Adds Names to Central Registry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesTwitter, Bankruptcy, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!