First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund Announces Results of Annual Shareholder Meeting: Fund Defeats Shareholder Proposal
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WHEATON, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund (the “Fund”) announced today that, based on voting results, shareholders of the Fund voted at the annual meeting of shareholders to re-elect Richard E. Erickson and Thomas R. Kadlec as Trustees of the Fund. Additionally, shareholders of the Fund voted against a shareholder’s proposal to terminate all investment advisory and management agreements pertaining to the Fund. Below are the voting results on the two proposals at the meeting.
The Fund’s shareholders voted at the meeting to elect each of Dr. Erickson and Mr. Kadlec as a Class II Trustee to serve as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Fund for a three-year term. James A. Bowen, Niel B. Nielson and Robert F. Keith are current and continuing Trustees of the Fund.
In addition, shareholders of the Fund voted against a shareholder’s proposal to terminate all investment advisory and management agreements pertaining to the Fund. According to the vote tally, of the votes actually cast on the shareholder’s proposal (i.e. exclusive of broker non-votes and abstentions), a substantial majority of the shares voted at the meeting on the proposal voted against the shareholder’s proposal.
The Fund is a diversified, closed-end management investment company. The Fund’s primary investment objective is to provide current income. The Fund’s secondary objective is capital appreciation. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objectives by investing, under normal market conditions, a majority of its assets in a diversified portfolio of U.S. and foreign (including emerging markets) high-yield corporate fixed-income securities of varying maturities that are rated below-investment grade at the time of purchase.
Jim Dykas 630-517-7665
Jeff Margolin 630-765-7643
Source: First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UNITE HERE Local 11 Asks Federal Agency to Ensure Chateau Marmont Complies with Loan Law
- La CAJO suspend et demande la révocation du permis de vente d’alcool de Family Kitchen, Leamington, pour non-conformité
- Naropa University Hosts 6th Annual Earth Justice Week “The Great Turning,” Featuring Dr. Joanna Macy Keynote
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!