CircleCI Introduces Privacy Enhancements for Engineering Teams Across the Enterprise
- Global stocks eye new high on growth hopes, oil ebbs on COVID-19 fears
- Oil extends losses on U.S. stock build, pandemic concerns
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Leading CI/CD platform increases privacy of cross collaboration as remote-only work conditions rise
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CircleCI, the leading continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, introduced new platform updates to increase the control, protection, privacy, and confidence of today’s engineering teams.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210218005312/en/
Privately share configuration across your organization with CircleCI private orbs. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Business leaders are concerned with the growth of remote-only and its impact on security. In fact, research shows 28 percent of leaders in 2020 were anticipated to prioritize improving application security capabilities and services, and 21 percent planned to prioritize building security into software development processes.
This prioritization has only increased in 2021, especially as remote-only continues to grow.
“As cloud adoption increases and security concerns grow, we believe that teams shouldn’t have to choose between speed or security. We empower them to have both by providing ways to create and manage reusable components, patterns, and processes,” said Jim Rose, CircleCI CEO. “CircleCI’s latest privacy tools will provide users with an efficient way to share their code and intellectual property across teams, while reducing the risk of revealing secrets and minimizing surface area for attack from bad actors.”
Introducing CircleCI private orbs
CircleCI orbs help developers automate repeated processes with reusable packages of YAML configuration. These open-source config packages speed up project setup for users and have integrations for a variety of use-cases, from vulnerability scanning to test coverage of applications.
To further assist teams with their delivery to production, CircleCI now provides developers with the ability to create private orbs, allowing teams to share configuration exclusively within their organization. All available private orbs will be easily accessible for developers across the same organization via CircleCI’s command-line interface (CLI).
Private orbs provide increased privacy, efficiency, and collaboration across teams. This is especially useful for teams working in healthcare, finance, and other industries with high governance and compliance standards. Learn more about private orbs from CircleCI here.
As CircleCI concludes their FY’21, they reflect on a few notable accomplishments including:
- Major product additions including the CircleCI Insights dashboard and CircleCI runner, along with added support for Arm, all to further automate the build, test, and release processes so engineering teams can ship software faster and more securely.
- Educational resources for engineering teams to increase productivity including The 2020 State of Software Delivery, which details the first-ever benchmarks for high-performing CI/CD, and the CircleCI Developer Hub, an all-in-one CI/CD resource for developers containing an array of efficiency and best-in-class CI/CD tools.
- The addition of 210 new employees globally, doubling their product and engineering organizations.
- New customers NBC Universal, Citigroup, and Unilever, and partners HashiCorp and Instana.
- Established partnerships with global accelerators such as AWS Activate, Techstars, and 500 Startups.
- Features in Forbes “tech firms to watch” lists and Built In “best places to work” lists.
- Winning a 2021 DEVIES Award for ‘Best Innovation in Development Platforms’ category.
- Recognition from peers and industry leaders as ‘Best CI/CD Tool’ in annual DevOps Dozen awards. The DevOps Dozen Awards recognize the best of the best in the maturing DevOps space, and this year’s winners have demonstrated exceptional leadership and support to the community through the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is quite an accomplishment to be a DevOps Dozen honoree,” said Alan Shimel, CEO of MediaOps. “The standard of excellence required to receive this award is reserved for only the most distinguished members of the community—the top leaders, innovators and pioneers that are driving positive change in the world of DevOps.”
CircleCI is the leading continuous integration and delivery platform for software innovation at scale. With intelligent automation and delivery tools, CircleCI is used by the world's best engineering teams to radically reduce the time from idea to execution. The company has been named a leader in cloud-native continuous integration by Forrester in 2019 and 2017, and ranked 242 on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500™.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Owl Rock Capital Partners, Next Equity, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
Summer Falgiano, CircleCI
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Reltio Names Chris Battles Chief Customer Officer
- Wipro to reach Net-Zero Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 2040
- K9 Gold Receives Permit for Drill Program, Drilling to Commence Early June
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesCiti, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!