AM Best Upgrades Credit Ratings of Peace Hills General Insurance Company
- Wall Street opens higher after virus-driven rout
- Private sector employment increased by 534,000 jobs from October to November, topping consensus estimate
- Jim Paulsen Sees Correction Exceeding 10%, Sees Cyclicals, Small and Mid Caps Outperforming Large Caps and Tech
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Lead Times Easing as Supply Chain Improves - UBS
- Salesforce (CRM) Shares Plunge on Weaker Profit Guidance, Bull Thesis Remains Intact Says Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- AM Best has upgraded the Financial Strength Rating to B++ (Good) from B+ (Good) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating to “bbb” (Good) from “bbb-” (Good) of Peace Hills General Insurance Company (Peace Hills) (Alberta, Canada). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable.
The ratings reflect Peace Hills’ balance sheet strength, which AM Best assesses as adequate, as well as its adequate operating performance, neutral business profile and appropriate enterprise risk management.
Peace Hills is a writer of personal and commercial automobile and property insurance predominantly in Alberta and British Columbia. The company is a subsidiary of the Samson Cree Nation, an organization with multiple non-insurance operations under its umbrella.
In prior years, the company had mixed experience in underwriting, as the company has been subject to large weather- and non-weather-related losses that dampened operating results and ultimately caused declines in surplus. Management took numerous initiatives to re-evaluate their risk profile, and reduced exposures in untenable areas while applying for rate increases on policies that were deemed inadequately priced. The upgrades come as a result of a significant and sustained positive trend in underwriting performance in 2019, 2020 and through the first two quarters of 2021 as a result of these corrective actions.
This press release relates to Credit Ratings that have been published on AM Best’s website. For all rating information relating to the release and pertinent disclosures, including details of the office responsible for issuing each of the individual ratings referenced in this release, please see AM Best’s Recent Rating Activity web page. For additional information regarding the use and limitations of Credit Rating opinions, please view Guide to Best's Credit Ratings. For information on the proper use of Best’s Credit Ratings, Best’s Preliminary Credit Assessments and AM Best press releases, please view Guide to Proper Use of Best’s Ratings & Assessments.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2021 by A.M. Best Rating Services, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5279
Raymond Thomson, CPCU, ARe, ARM
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5621
Manager, Public Relations
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5159
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5644
Source: AM Best
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Appliances Announces Partnership with San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, Proving the Power and Durability of its New Commercial Laundry Line
- Cellevolve Announces Global Partnership with QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute to Advance Novel Off-the Shelf T-cell Therapy in the First Randomized Cell Therapy Trial for Progressive Multifoc
- Diego Cortina de la Fuente Honored for Excellence in Medicine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesAM Best Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!