BIOTONE Announces Second Quarter EDU-TALK SERIES Speaker Lineup
- Tech mega-caps knock 1% off Nasdaq; banks lift Dow
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Brent oil nears $80 a barrel on tight supply
- Some Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) Suppliers Suspend Production in China For a Few Days
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Second Quarter Kicks Off with A Look at the Connection Between Anxiety and Shortness of Breath
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BIOTONE Professional Massage and Spa products and BIOTONE Edu-Partner program today announced the speaker lineup for the second quarter 2021 EDU-TALK Series via Zoom meetings. The first session of the new quarter will be held Tuesday, April 6, and feature Ruth Werner, presenting “Breath, COVID and Massage.”
In her talk, Werner, author of the groundbreaking textbook A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology, now in its 7th edition, and a columnist for Massage and Bodywork magazine and Massage New Zealand, will address the connection between anxiety and shortness of breath.
“As I looked at the overlaps between anxiety and breathing, and then added COVID and other lung problems on top of this vicious circle, to me it seemed clear that there are some amazing opportunities for MTs who want to expand their skills in this direction,” Werner said.
Other Scheduled Second Quarter Edu-Talk Speakers Include:
- Tuesday, April 20: Indigenous Massage Technique Benefits with Kellie Lene
- Tuesday, May 4: Medical Massage, the What, Why and How with Shamaya Chah
- Tuesday, May 18: Total Body Evaluation with Kerry D’Ambrogio
- Tuesday, June 8: The Art of Clinical Decision-Making with Doug Nelson
- Tuesday, June 15: Integrated Manual Therapy for Low Back Pain, Hip Pain, and Sciatica with James Waslaski
- Tuesday, June 22: Prenatal Massage – Why Specialized Training Matters with Judy Koch
EDU-TALK Supports Virtual Learning
Launched in 2020, the EDU-TALK Series, hosted by BIOTONE EDU-Partner program and massage industry experts, supports virtual learning by connecting schools, students and LMT’s with experts who share their knowledge in quick 30-minute ZOOM meetings. Listen and learn to a variety of topics for class discussion and career success.
Listening to professionals speak on industry and career topics, in addition to in-class instruction, is of great value to students as they prepare for their careers in massage therapy. Licensed professionals also want to hear what industry experts have to say as they advance their careers. Pre-COVID-19, students and practicing massage therapists (MTs) could attend industry tradeshows, seminars, roundtables and other events to listen and learn from professionals. However, COVID-19 shutdowns ended “live” industry get togethers.
In response BIOTONE created the EDU-TALK Series to enable students and massage therapists to hear from industry experts on educational and career issues. The on-going EDU-TALK Series are free. EDU-TALKs are recorded and archived on biotone.com/edu-talks for future access.
To RSVP for the launch of the EDU-TALK Series on April 6 with Ruth Werner visit biotone.com/edu-talk-registration.
BIOTONE, headquartered in San Diego, Calif., is the leading manufacturer of quality massage oils, cremes, lotions and gels as well as spa body and face and foot treatment products. Founded in 1980, BIOTONE is an independently owned business. The company sells its products in the US and internationally. For more information on BIOTONE please visit www.biotone.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KBRA Assigns an AA- Rating to BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV Participation in the Uncommitted, Secured Revolving Credit Facility to CVC Capital Partners VII
- Turkish Textiles Industry Set Sights on US Market
- Altasciences Continues Building Expansion with Additional Location in Philadelphia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!