Ziopharm Oncology (ZIOP) Reports Election of Robert Postma to Board
- S&P 500, Dow rise on boost from bank earnings
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Ziopharm Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZIOP) today announced the election of Robert Postma to its Board of Directors (the “Board”), effective immediately. Mr. Postma is the Founder of WaterMill Asset Management, a sizeable and long-term shareholder of Ziopharm.
James Huang, Chairman of the Board, said, “We welcome Bob to Ziopharm’s Board of Directors. With his experience and financial acumen, Bob will make an immediate contribution to Ziopharm and I believe the Board is now well positioned to partner with the management team to deliver on our very promising T-cell directed and cytokine technologies and opportunities.”
Laurence Cooper, M.D., CEO of Ziopharm said, “We will benefit from having additional shareholder guidance on the Board. Bob is a respected voice, and his counsel will help in directing the Company’s strategies.”
Mr. Postma commented, “I am glad to join the Board and bring this chapter in the Company’s history to a close. I look forward to working with management and the Board to help deliver on the promise of the Company’s science to patients and investors.”
Mr. Postma’s appointment increases the size of the Board from eight to nine members, a modification approved by the Board.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) Annonuces Laurie R. Beyer to Board
- Omnicom Group (OMC) Acquires Archbow Consulting
- Everbridge, Inc. (EVBG) announces U.S. Army signed new three-year contract for its software solutions to power JARVISS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!