VAALCO Energy (EGY) Appoints Ronald Bain as its CFO
- U.S. stocks, dollar sluggish, all eyes on Fed meet this week
- Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 49c, Revenues Beat
- Chinese Tech Stocks Crushed on Fresh Regulatory Pressure
- Nearly $1 Billion Bitcoin (BTC) Shorts Liquidated Today Amid Amazon (AMZN) Rumors
- Aon (AON) and Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Mutually Agree to Terminate Combination Agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (NYSE: EGY) announced that its Board of Directors has named Ronald Bain as Chief Financial Officer effective June 21, 2021. Mr. Bain has over 25 years of oil industry experience in a variety of financial roles and has significant capital markets experience.
As previously stated, the Board believes that enhancing the Company’s corporate presence in London, the primary financial and advisory hub for African energy companies, will augment the experience within VAALCO’s leadership and complement the Company’s supportive equity shareholder base in the U.S. The European market is an important environment for the African energy sector, with many of VAALCO’s peers active within the region and the majority of transactions for North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa assets taking place within the European financial markets. As such, the board views it as a strategically important investment to further grow its presence in London. Mr. Bain will be based in the Company’s recently established London business development office, but he will split his time between London and Houston.
George Maxwell, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are excited to have Ron joining VAALCO as our CFO. He has significant experience in financial executive leadership roles and a history of successfully leading capital markets transactions. Ron’s experience serving on the board of an E&P company, his leadership of large geographically diverse financial teams listed in both the U.S. and U.K. and strong ties to the London investment and banking community make him an important addition to the Company. Ron worked closely with me at Eland where he was an integral part of our success.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance (ARI) Appoints Pamela Carlton to its Board
- XPeng Inc. (XPEV) P7 Achieves 5-Star Safety Rating in China’s Latest C-NCAP Safety Test
- Silk Road Medical Inc. (SILK) Appoints Tanisha Carino to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, OPEC, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!