SiriusPoint (SPNT) Appoints Daniel S. Loeb to its Board
- Wall Street mints big gains to end strong week
- JP Morgan's Kolanovic Predicts No Recession and Next Week's Rebalancing Could Drive Stocks Up 7%
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion
- FedEx (FDX) Gains on Solid FY23 Outlook, Analysts Mostly Bulled Up Into Next Week's Investors Day
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SiriusPoint Ltd. (NYSE: SPNT) has announced that Daniel S. Loeb, its largest individual shareholder, will join the Board of Directors.
"We are delighted that Dan is joining the Board at this time as the Company continues to focus on serving our clients as a specialized global insurer and reinsurer," said Sharon Ludlow, Chair of the SiriusPoint Board of Directors. "Dan has a strong track record as an investor and in creating value for shareholders of companies in which he is involved. Our interests in this regard are completely aligned."
Mr. Loeb is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of the asset management firm Third Point LLC. He was the founder of Third Point Re and instrumental in the merger of that company with Sirius Group to create SiriusPoint in 2021. Mr. Loeb, who has had Board Observer rights since SiriusPoint was established, will transfer those rights to Joshua L. Targoff, a partner at Third Point LLC, who will be leaving the SiriusPoint Board.
"SiriusPoint has significant strategic assets and a strong financial and operating model," Mr. Loeb said. "The Company now needs to recruit an experienced CEO to focus on disciplined expense management, profitable underwriting and growth strategies, and supporting a prudent investment program. I look forward to working with the Board to ensure we execute on these goals and build value for SiriusPoint's shareholders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- USA Truck (USAK) Acquired by DB Schenker for $31.72/Share (Earlier)
- Mercury Systems (MRCY) Appoints Two to Board in Deal With Activist Investors as Potential Sale Remains In Flux
- Walgreens reaches $105 million settlement with shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Hedge Funds
Related EntitiesDaniel Loeb, Third Point LLC, AM Best Company, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!