Murphy Oil (MUR) Appoints Michelle A. Earley to its Board
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE: MUR) announced today the appointment of Michelle A. Earley to Murphy’s Board of Directors, effective June 10, 2021.
“We are excited to welcome Ms. Earley to our Board of Directors,” stated Claiborne P. Deming, Chairman of the Board for Murphy Oil Corporation. “Michelle brings perspectives and expertise in energy governance to Murphy. Her appointment is also aligned with the Board’s commitment to bring skillsets to the boardroom that will best position us to deliver for all of our shareholders.”
A partner at Locke Lord LLP since 2008, Ms. Earley serves as co-chair of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and the Diversity Committee, as well as a member of the Executive Committee, Lateral Hire Committee, and Legal Personnel and Partnership Admissions Committee. Throughout her tenure at the firm, she has gained extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, as well as securities regulation and offering matters, and routinely advises management teams and boards of directors on corporate governance topics.
While her clients span various industries, the majority of her time has been spent working with oil and natural gas companies, leading her to join the Adams Resources & Energy Inc. Board of Directors more than six years ago. Adams Resources is engaged in crude oil marketing, transportation and storage across multiple basins.
Ms. Earley earned a Bachelor of Arts from Texas A&M University, graduated from Yale University in 1997 with her Juris Doctor and served as a law clerk for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals prior to joining Locke Lord in 1998.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RumbleOn Inc. (RMBL) Appoints Peter Levy, the Company’s Chief Operating Officer, to its Board of Directors
- RumbleOn Inc. (RMBL) Appoints Beverly Rath as Interim Chief Financial Officer and Controller
- Crude Inventory Declined 7.4 Million Barrels Last Week, Says EIA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!