JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. (JELD) Appoints CEO Gary S. Michel as Board Chair
- Wall St ends lower as taper acceleration worries pile onto virus angst
- Salesforce (CRM) Stock Falls 6% on Worse Than Expected Q4 EPS Guidance as Q3 Results Beat
- 'This is Not Going To Be Good': Moderna CEO's Omicron Warning Sends Markets Tumbling
- COVID-19 Omicron Variant: Analysts Discuss Which Biopharma Stock is Best Positioned
- GlobalFoundries (GFS) Reported Q3 EPS Beat as Revenues Grew 56% in First Report Since IPO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The board of directors of JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. (NYSE: JELD), a leading global manufacturer of building products, has elected Gary S. Michel, president, chief executive officer and current director of JELD-WEN, to chairman of the board, effective immediately. Michel has served as a board member since 2018 and replaces Matthew Ross, who is stepping down.
Suzanne Stefany, who currently serves as the chair of the governance and nominating committee, was also appointed lead independent director of the board. Stefany has served on the board since 2017. She is a partner for the Strategic Advisory Group at PJT Partners, a global advisory-focused investment bank.
"Having served with Gary on the board for the past three years, he has demonstrated tremendous leadership and built a world-class team," said Stefany. "Gary's strategic vision, operational discipline and focus on building a premier-performing culture has meaningfully improved the company. The board is confident that JELD-WEN is well-positioned for continued growth and looks forward to continuing to serve with Gary in this expanded role."
"I am honored to have the confidence of the board and to take on this responsibility at such an exciting time in JELD-WEN's history," said Michel. "We have made great progress in transforming our business and delivering profitable growth by executing on our well-defined strategy and business operating system."
Ross, board chairman for the past two years, and Anthony Munk, both of global private equity firm Onex, are stepping down from the board as planned following Onex's recent completion of its successful 10-year investment in the company. Today's announcement brings JELD-WEN's board of directors to nine members.
"The board and I thank Matt and Anthony for their leadership and partnership in JELD-WEN's success over the past two years," added Michel. "They have been staunch supporters of the company's strategic growth plan, positioning JELD-WEN as a premier global leader of building products."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces update on annual shareholders meeting
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Statement on the Omicron Variant
- Treace Medical Concepts (TMCI) Announces Grant of U.S. Patent and Allowance of U.S. Patent Application on Bone Positioner Technology for Bunion Correction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!