Fortinet (FTNT) Appoints James Stavridis to its Board
- Wall Street rebounds after virus-related sell-off
- Here's What Analysts are Saying as Twitter (TWTR) Stock Erases Earlier Gains
- Moderna (MRNA) Stock Up 10% as WHO Says Omicron Covid Variant Poses 'Very High' Global RIsk
- 2 Reasons Why Citi Downgraded Merck (MRK) to Neutral Today, Opened a Negative Catalyst Watch
- Why EV Li Auto (LI) Stock Is Up 8% Today
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced the addition of Admiral James Stavridis, USN, (Ret), PhD to the company’s Board of Directors, adding further global cybersecurity collaboration insights and depth of expertise to the Board.
Jim Stavridis attended the US Naval Academy at Annapolis and earned a PhD in international relations from The Fletcher School at Tufts, and spent 37 years in the Navy, rising to the rank of 4-star Admiral. Among his many commands were four years as the 16th Supreme Allied Commander at NATO, leading the NATO Alliance in global operations and responsibilities included cybersecurity. He was the longest serving Combatant Commander in recent US history. In the course of his career in the Navy, he served as senior military assistant to the Secretary of the Navy and the Secretary of Defense. He led the Navy’s premier operational think tank for innovation, Deep Blue.
Following his military career, Admiral Stavridis (Ret) served for five years as the 12th Dean of The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. While Dean at Tufts, he created a blended Master’s degree in cyber and international relations for the university. He is a nationally recognized cybersecurity expert and routinely teaches on cyber challenges and offers insights via speaking appearances. He is currently Managing Director and Vice Chairman, Global Affairs of The Carlyle Group and is Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Rockefeller Foundation.
“Fortinet continues to have an exciting record of growth and innovation. From its inception, Fortinet leadership has demonstrated its commitment to innovation – aligning with my own experience and continued interest in cybersecurity innovation. I look forward to working alongside the leadership team as a member of the Board of Directors and being a part of the company’s continued innovation and exciting growth trajectory.”-- Admiral James Stavridis, USN, (Ret), PhD
- Learn more about the Company’s Board of Directors.
- For the company’s Investor Relations page, visit here.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust, and view how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert program, Security Academy program, and Veterans program.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mondelez (MDLZ) Appoints Ertharin Cousin to its Board
- Anaptysbio (ANAB) Appoints Daniel Faga to its Board
- Apollo (APO) and Athene (ATH) Acquire Majority Stake in Aqua Finance at $1B Value
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Related EntitiesThe Carlyle Group, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!