Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Announces Maha S. Ibrahim to Board
- Wall St. headed for lower open as focus turns to tech earnings
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Tesla (TSLA): Problems in China Mounting as Communist Party Officials Ask Company to 'Respect Chinese Consumers and Comply with Local Laws'
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Deckers Brands (NYSE: DECK), a global leader in designing, marketing and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories, today announced the appointment of Maha S. Ibrahim to its Board of Directors, effective February 1, 2021.
"We are very pleased to welcome Maha to the Deckers Board," said Mike Devine, Chairman of the Board. "She brings valuable skills and perspectives to our team, including experience identifying trends and driving growth in the direct-to-consumer and technology sectors. Her insights and capabilities align with management's focus on distinguishing our iconic brands amidst the challenges of a changing global marketplace, with an enhanced focus on digital engagement."
"I am excited to join the Deckers Board of Directors," said Ms. Ibrahim. "I look forward to working with the Board and management team as they continue to leverage their digital transformation to drive consumer connections to support their long-term growth."
Ms. Ibrahim is currently a General Partner of Canaan Partners, an early stage venture capital firm, where she has worked since March 2000. Prior to joining Canaan Partners, from 1998 to 2000, she served as vice president of e-business at Qwest Communications, where she architected the company's e-business strategy and spearheaded the redesign of Qwest.com, and previously served as Qwest Communication's vice president of business development. From 2012 through 2020, Ms. Ibrahim served as a member of the board of directors of RealReal, Inc., an online brick-and-mortar marketplace for authenticated luxury consignment, providing leadership to the company through its 2019 initial public offering. Ms. Ibrahim currently serves on the boards of directors of a number of private innovative enterprise and consumer companies. Further, she has served as a trustee for the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, a foreign policy think tank, since 2017. Ms. Ibrahim holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and a Master of Arts degree in Sociology Organizational Leadership from Stanford University, and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversey Holdings Ltd. (DSEY) Adds Selim Bassoul and Juan R. Figuereo to Board
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Bob Eddy as President and CEO; Names Laura Felice as EVP/CFO
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) Granted FDA Clearance for ROSA Partial Knee System for Robotically-Assisted Partial Knee Arthroplasty
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCanaan Partners, Stanford, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!