Intel (INTC) PT Lowered to $40 as RBC Capital Sees Share Loss Continuing
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Mitch Steves lowered the price target on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) to $40.00 (from $45.00) while maintaining a Underperform rating after the acquisition of Xilinx on the belief that the combination of AMD/XLNX poses additional structural risk to the Intel story. The analyst offered 3 key points on the PT decrease:
1) the current expectations appear elevated with estimates calling for ~$5/share in earnings in 2022E
2) the recent AMD/XLNX transaction may create additional pressure on the FPGA side going forward
3) CPU share loss on both data center and PCs will likely continue
The analyst stated "Given our belief in additional competitive dynamics from the combined AMD/XLNX entity, we think a second phase of share loss may occur (on the FPGA side vs. the CPU side)".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BB) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS
- Intel (INTC) Announces Organizational Changes
- Field Trip Health Ltd. Reports Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!