Wedbush Sees Tesla (TSLA) Beating on Q1 Deliveries
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives weighed in on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) ahead of the EV maker's highly anticipated 1Q delivery numbers, which are expected in a few days.
Ives sees Tesla beating consensus.
"Despite the chip shortage and some bumps in the road during the quarter, we believe Tesla should exceed the Street's 170k line in the sand for 1Q and help restore some positive momentum back to Tesla and the EV sector," the analyst commented.
The analyst also raised its delivery estimates. For 1Q21, they are raising their Model 3/Y estimate to 160K units from 132K units and slightly raising o S/X estimate to 14K units from 12.5K units. This brings total unit delivery number to 174K vs our previous estimate of 145K units. They also raised estimates for 2Q21, and expect Model 3/Y deliveries to be 166K vs. 144K and Model S/X ~14K vs. ~13K (total unit estimate is now 180K vs. 157K). They are modeling FY21 total unit annual deliveries to be 830K units versus their prior number of 774K units.
Ives reiterated a Neutral rating and $950.00 price target on Tesla.
Shares of Tesla closed at $639.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) call put ratio 1.3 calls to 1 put as shares sell off 1.6%
- Babcock International Group Plc (BAB:LN) (BCKIF) PT Raised to GBP2.60 at Morgan Stanley
- 1&1 Drillisch AG (DRI:GR) PT Raised to EUR24 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!