Webster Financial (WBS) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Webster Financial (NYSE: WBS) reported Q4 EPS of $0.73, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.67. Revenue for the quarter came in at $271 million, an increase of 5.9 percent from a year ago, including net interest income of $204.9 million, a record level.
"Webster ended 2017 in a position of financial strength from which we continue to execute on our key strategic priorities. We are pleased to report that our earnings have exceeded our cost of capital for the third consecutive quarter," said John Ciulla, president and chief executive officer. "In addition to this being our thirty-third consecutive quarter of year-over-year revenue growth, we exceeded $1 billion in annual total revenue for the first time in Webster's history. These achievements were driven by the quality and dedication of our bankers."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Webster Financial (WBS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- TELUS International (TIXT) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.24
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!