Weak observability checks push Datadog (DDOG) to neutral at BTIG
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts DDOG Hot Sheet
26 Buy, 10 Hold, 0 Sell
Rating Trend: = Flat
Today's Overall Ratings:
Up: 9 | Down: 10 | New: 12
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG downgraded Datadog, Inc. (NASDAQ: DDOG) to a Neutral rating (From Buy) following some worsening field checks over the last few weeks. However, analyst, Gray Powell continues to view DDOG as a best in class player in the observability space.
During the field checks BTIG spoke to six contacts with a view on spending trends across the sector. All of them highlighted increasing headwinds in the space as customers look to optimize their cloud environments and rationalize expenditures with monitoring tools. As a result BTIG now forecasts 2024 revenue of $2,740MM, compared to the previous estimate of $2,842MM, and are 8% below the current Street forecast.
Powell wrote in a note, “We have a great deal of respect for the DDOG management team and the company’s ability to introduce and gain share with new products. However, with slowing growth at large scale cloud IaaS providers and increasing headwinds across the observability space, we see risk to Street estimates and potential for multiple contraction.”
Shares of DDOG are up 0.11% in early trading on Friday.
By Michael Elkins | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc. (8309:JP) (SUTNY) PT Lowered to JPY5,270 at JPMorgan
- Mizuho Financial Group (8411:JP) (MFG) PT Lowered to JPY1,840 at JPMorgan
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (601728:CH) PT Raised to RMB7.90 at Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot List
Related EntitiesBTIG, Michael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!