UPDATE: Williams Trading Starts Hibbett Sports (HIBB) at Buy
- Futures firm after tax hike proposal, business activity data eyed
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Bitcoin sinks below $50,000 as cryptos stumble over Biden tax plans
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Euro regains poise as data points to stronger recovery
Williams Trading analyst Sam Poser initiates coverage on Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ: HIBB) with a Buy rating and a price target of $80.00.
The analyst comments "We suspect that the initial FY22guidanceprovidedon February10threflects the aforementioned $20M -$40M of incremental sales as well as benefits from Nike's coming exit from Dillard's, Belk, and Boscov's, as well as HIBB's ongoing improvement in consumer engagement led by the strength of its CRM. At the same time, it's unclear to us why HIBB management found it necessary to FY22 EPS of $5.00 - $5.50, when the consensus EPS estimate, at the time was at $3.58. HIBB went into its quiet period as soon as the pre-announcement was issued, so we could not speak with management. The FY22 guidance also calls for SSS of -LSD to +LSD, with which we are comfortable."
Shares of Hibbett Sports closed at $64.77 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Berenberg Starts JFrog (FROG) at Buy
- Inter Piperline Ltd. (IPL:CN) (IPPLF) PT Raised to Cdn$18 at Scotiabank
- Mullen Group (MTL:CN) (MLLGF) PT Raised to Cdn$15 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesSam Poser
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!