UPDATE: William Blair Starts Generation Bio (GBIO) at Outperform
- S&P 500 hits record high on tech strength, earnings optimism
- Facebook (FB) Stock Gains Despite Missing on Q3 Revenue and Q4 Guidance, Analysts Lower PTs But Remain Positive as IDFA Headwinds Though Not as Bad as Feared
- DraftKings (DKNG) Surges 7% After Saying It Won't Bid for Entain (GMVHF)
- UPS (UPS) Stock Rallies 7% on Beat and Raise, Higher Margins Will Help Shares Says Analyst
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight and $1,200 PT on Tesla (TSLA) But Says Don't Expect Shares to Trade up to Such a Level in NT
William Blair analyst Raju Prasad initiates coverage on Generation Bio (NASDAQ: GBIO) with a Outperform rating.
The analyst comments "Exploring the clinical potential of nonviral gene therapy. While AAV gene therapy has produced impressive clinical data to date, there are some notable drawbacks to this approach. These include: 1) the size of a transgene that can be used (less than 5 kilobases of genetic cargo); 2) potential for waning of durability of effect as evidenced in BioMarin’s Roctavian long-term data in hemophilia A; 3) nonoptimal transduction efficiency, which can result in the need for higher doses and subsequently require more manufacturing lots; and 4) immunogenicity, including both preexisting neutralizing antibodies against the AAV vector and increasing the need for prophylactic steroid use with initial delivery. Generation Bio’s technology value proposition is a redosable, titratable gene therapy that allows for a larger genetic payload, tissue specificity, and a capsid-free manufacturing process, with the potential to improve on both AAV gene therapy and biologic offerings."
Shares of Generation Bio closed at $37.18 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Lake Street Capital Markets Starts Impinj Inc (PI) at Buy
- Playside Studios Ltd (PLY:AU) PT Raised to AUD0.80 at Canaccord Genuity
- Lundin Energy AB (LUNE:SS) (LNEGY) PT Raised to SEK420 at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWilliam Blair
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!