UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Copel (ELP) to Buy
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
UBS analyst Giuliano Ajeje upgraded Copel (NYSE: ELP) from Neutral to Buy.
The analyst comments "We are upgrading Copel's recommendation to Buy from Neutral rating and increasing price target to R$80/share vs. previous R$63/share on the back of attractive valuation, the sale of Copel Telecom and new macro estimates. We are also adjusting our 2020E and 2021E numbers to incorporate the effects and consequences of COVID-19, especially volumes and delinquency in the distribution segment, and our new hydrology estimates (GSF of 89% and an energy price of R$125/share in 2021E). We are also taking the opportunity to incorporate the effects of the Copel Telecom sale for R$2.39bn on 9 Nov that will mainly impact the company's figures in 2021E and thereafter. Given above, our 2020/21E EPS increase 22%/57%."
Shares of Copel closed at $11.58 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Northland Capital Markets Upgrades Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) to Outperform
- Standard Life Aberdeen Plc. (SLA:LN) (SLFPY) PT Raised to GBP3.76 at Goldman Sachs
- Argus Upgrades Carnival Corporation (CCL) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!