UPDATE: Tesla Motors (TSLA) PT Raised to $430 at Guggenheim
- Stocks tumble on new coronavirus variant fear
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - July 5, 2017 8:56 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst comment)
Guggenheim raised its price target on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $430.00 (from $380.00) while maintaining a Buy rating.
Analyst Robert Chira says the bigger news out of Tesla was the fact that the company will launch the Model 3 in July which represents "Tesla’s first car to genuinely launch on schedule."
He expects 2-3 years of upside leverage to begin as volumes increase off the company's high fixed-cost structure. He believes that what really matters is the Model 3 and FY 2019/2020 EPS.
As for Q2, Chira raises his EPS estimate from $1.99 to $2.30 and FY 2017 rises from $7.24 to $7.79. He further believes the "Model 3 roll-out should drive at least 8 quarters of positive Q/Q momentum."
He also remains bullish as most of the nation doesn't even know what a Model 3 is, to wit: "While some question the dependability of refundable $1K deposits, we look at the flip-side, with most of the population still not even knowing what a Model 3 even is yet, so that ~400K preorders might rather far under-count ultimate initial demand."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Nordstrom (JWN) PT Lowered to $22 at Morgan Stanley on Prospect of Cost Inflation
- UPDATE: Lowe's (LOW) PT Raised to $260 at Morgan Stanley on Higher Buybacks
- Rockwool (ROCKB:DC) (RKWBF) PT Raised to DKK2,475 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!