UPDATE: Stifel Starts Fortinet (FTNT) at Buy
- Wall St grinds higher on solid healthcare earnings; supply woes linger
- Netflix (NFLX) Beats Estimates but Shares Slip on Conservative 4Q Net Adds Outlook, Analysts Mostly Positive and Raise Price Targets; Deutsche Bank Downgrades to Hold
- United Airline (UAL) Stock Gains on Smaller-Than-Expected 3Q Loss, Analysts Expect Stronger Recovery in 4Q and 2022
- Micron (MU) Commits to Spend $150 Billion on Memory and R&D Over the Next Decade, Will Build a $7 Billion Plant in Japan and Considers Building a New US Memory Factory
- 63% Investors Say SpaceX Could Become More Valuable Than Tesla (TSLA) and Represents More Attractive Investment - Morgan Stanley's Survey
Stifel analyst Adam C. Borg initiates coverage on Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $355.00.
The analyst comments "We are initiating coverage of Fortinet with a Buy rating and 12-month target price of $355. While Fortinet’s success is centered on its leading appliance-based firewalls, the company has organically built a broad cybersecurity platform spanning network, security operations, cloud, and user/device security. A key differentiator is Fortinet’s proprietary ASIC chips, which offer strong performance, price-points that are 30%-40% cheaper than competitors, and enable Fortinet to introduce adjacent capabilities such as SDWAN natively into its firewall appliances. Given this backdrop, along with a constructive cybersecurity spending environment and Fortinet's balance across customer sizes, products, geographies, and industries, we expect strong execution to continue in coming years. Net/net, we believe Fortinet has a number of drivers to sustain at least mid-to-high-teens top-line growth along with the Rule of 40 in coming years and despite the run in shares (+100% YTD, vs. the S&P +16%), we believe valuation remains attractive and are buyers."
Shares of Fortinet closed at $297.07 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Benchmark Starts DD3 Acquisition Corp II (DDMX) at Buy
- 'Dawn of a New Era': Ford (F) Upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse, Analyst Sees 30% Upside
- 4 Energy Stocks Downgraded by Guggenheim Today
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStifel, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!