UPDATE: Stephens Downgrades Kar Auction (KAR) to Equal Weight
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Stephens analyst Daniel Imbro downgraded Kar Auction (NYSE: KAR) from Overweight to Equal Weight with a price target of $16.00 (from $23.00).
The analyst comments "KAR reported 4Q20 operating adj. EPS of ($0.01), missing our/ consensus estimates of $0.21/$0.28. Adj. EBITDA of $67.5 million also missed our/consensus estimates of $107.2 million/$117.1 million. Volume decelerated more than we anticipated, and given the increased fixed-cost base ADESA saw greater gross margin pressure than anticipated. We do not believe we have the visibility to underwrite volume improvement until at least 2H21, and without that improvement the 2021 margin guidance appears to be back-half weighted. While we do believe that repossession volumes will come back over the coming 12 months, this appears to be less of a tailwind than previously assumed and in the meantime the shift towards digital/dealer-to-dealer appears to be margin dilutive (BacklotCars gross margins in low 40%s)."
Shares of Kar Auction closed at $15.93 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Seven Group Holdings Limited (SVW:AU) (SVNWF) PT Raised to AUD27.50 at Credit Suisse
- Chr Hansen Holding A/S (CHR:DC) (CHYHY) PT Lowered to DKK610 at UBS
- Origin Energy Ltd. (ORG:AU) (OGFGY) PT Lowered to AUD6.50 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!