UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Carpenter Technology (CRS) to Buy
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, fueled by Apple
- Here's Which Stocks Warren Buffett's Berkshire (BRK) Bought in Q1
- Walmart (WMT) Stock Drops 6% as Higher Costs Weigh on Profit, Analyst Says Results 'Disappointing'
- Home Depot (HD) Shares Rally 4% on Earnings Beat, Results Seen as Strong
- Bear Rally Now 'Imminent' Says BofA's Hartnett but Warns Ultimate Lows Yet to Be Reached
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - March 16, 2017 8:58 AM EDT)
(updated with analyst comments)
Seaport Global Securities upgraded Carpenter Technology (NYSE: CRS) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $45.00.
Analyst commented, "We are upgrading Carpenter Technology to Buy from Neutral as we believe the recent pullback presents an attractive buying opportunity. CRS has retreated 13% since the beginning of March. The decline has been in concert with the broader retreat of commodity assets. As a premier supplier of the nickel super alloys and titanium wire used in the construction of aircraft (~50% of sales in aerospace verticals) we believe this correlation has been overdone. Further, FQ2 marked a turning point, with aerospace sales up 15% sequentially as demand pull on next-generation aircraft gains strength. Energy verticals (IGT / Oil & Gas drilling) are also in a period of transition with US land rig count activity increasing. However, CRS's largest strategic asset, the $500MM Athen's facility, is still running utilization under 50%. The facility was completed in 2014, increasing premium melt +50% with significant automation/margin accretion. However, as three-year aerospace qualifications were achieved, oil & gas markets were to fill utilization. Given rig counts declined precipitously in that period, Athen's has been underutilized. Looking ahead, aerospace qualifications are close to completion, and US rig activity has picked up. Therefore, CRS's major strategic investment in Athens will finally become a meaningful contributor over the next 12 months."
Shares of Carpenter Technology closed at $36.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Logitech International SA (LOGN:SW) (LOGI) to Buy, 'Strong cash flow prospects not reflected in shares'
- Fuji Corp/Aichi (6134:JP) PT Lowered to JPY3,000 at CLSA
- UPDATE: Aurora Cannabis (ACB:CN) (ACB) PT Lowered to Cdn$4 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!