UPDATE: Raymond James Starts AMD (AMD) at Outperform
- Wall Street drops on inflation jitters, led by tech stocks
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Euro climbs on upbeat sentiment data; dollar struggles
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Raymond James analyst Chris Caso initiates coverage on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $100.00.
The analyst comments "We are using the pullback since the start of the year to get involved with AMD, which we expect to be a secular winner due to what we believe to be a durable technical advantage vs. Intel. We think the stock’s pullback has been driven by improved sentiment that Intel will solve their manufacturing challenges, which will reverse AMD’s successes. We’re taking the other side of that view. Now that Intel has committed to internal manufacturing, we think it’s unlikely that Intel ever regains a transistor advantage vs. AMD, and the current roadmaps ensure an advantage for AMD/TSMC through at least 2024. In the meantime, we think Street numbers are too low for both server and consoles, putting our base case 2022 EPS estimate of $2.81 12% ahead of the Street, with an upside case to about $3.00."
Shares of AMD closed at $79.52 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD EPYC™ Processors to Power New System for National Supercomputing Centre Singapore
- Jefferies Assumes Taysha Gene Therapies (TSHA) at Buy, Raises PT to $45
- UPDATE: Village Farms International (VFF) PT Lowered to $16 at Craig-Hallum, 'Still The Best Play in Canada'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!