UPDATE: Raymond James Downgrades Viking Therapeutic (VKTX) to Outperform
- Wall Street closes mixed, S&P 500 ends off record high
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- Exclusive-U.S. developing plan to require foreign visitors to be vaccinated -official
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Raymond James analyst Steve Seedhouse downgraded Viking Therapeutic (NASDAQ: VKTX) from Strong Buy to Outperform with a price target of $12.00 (from $27.00).
The analyst comments "We are downgrading VKTX from Strong Buy to Outperform as a result of the recent NGM update that showed biomarkers don't always translate into histological benefit. Phase 2b study of VK2809 in NASH is expected to complete enrollment in 2H21 but 12W MRI-PDFF data may not come until 2022. Phase 1b PoC data from VK0214 in X-ALD could be available in 2021 but will depend on the timing of study initiation. Our price target of $12 (from $27) is supported by our DCF analysis (see Exhibit 10 on page 13). We reduced the price target as a result of lower probability of success for VK2809 in NASH (50% vs. 70% prior). We also reduced peak U.S. F2/F3 market penetration form 6% to 4.5%."
Shares of Viking Therapeutic closed at $5.87 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Criteo S.A. (CRTO) PT Raised to $47 at Raymond James
- BofA Upgrades Simon Property (SPG) to 'Buy' on Positive Inflection Points and Revival of Redevelopments
- Horizon Therapeutics (HZNP) PT Raised to $130 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!