UPDATE: Raymond James Downgrades CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL) to Underperform
- Futures rise ahead of weekly jobless claims data
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Roku (ROKU) Falls Sharply on Significant Slowdown in Streaming Views, Analysts Divided
- Dollar holds gains after Fed comments, sterling ticks up after BoE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - March 16, 2020 7:33 AM EDT)
(updated to add analyst commented)
Raymond James analyst Frank Louthan downgraded CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) from Market Perform to Underperform.
The analyst commented, "We are lowering our rating on CenturyLink to Underperform from Market Perform. We believe CTL shares will continue to Underperform the group, especially in a recession scenario and if the dividend is cut or eliminated. As seen in the chart below, the name performed slightly better than the market in the '08 financial crisis, but it was a very different company then that had more resilience. Since then, CTL has made several other acquisitions, while the market has lost confidence in the wireline business across the board."
Shares of CenturyLink, Inc. closed at $9.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Rosenblatt Downgrades GoDaddy Inc (GDDY) to Neutral
- UPDATE: Benchmark Assumes Qorvo Inc (QRVO) at Buy
- Jack In The Box (JACK) PT Lowered to $112 at UBS on Inflationary Pressures
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!