UPDATE: Piper Sandler Downgrades B&G Foods (BGS) to Neutral
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Piper Sandler analyst Michael Lavery downgraded B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $31.00.
The analyst comments "We do not see upside to current valuation, and we believe commodity price inflation could drive cost headwinds in 2H21 and 2022. Commodity prices are surging broadly, and we estimate B&G has exposure to rising costs through key inputs like soybean oil, corn, wheat, and steel. We estimate hedging and pricing could help offset potential EPS headwinds, but we estimate B&G could still face up to 15-25% risk to EPS in 2021 and 2022 if current prices hold. The sustainability of elevated prices is not yet clear, so we maintain our 2021E EPS of $2.25, our 2022E EPS of $2.49, and our $31 PT. Downgrade to Neutral."
Shares of B&G Foods closed at $33.06 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yum China Holdings, Inc (9987:HK) (YUMC) PT Lowered to HK$554 at Citi
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (Z:IN) PT Raised to INR395 at Citi
- Yum China Holdings, Inc (9987:HK) (YUMC) PT Lowered to HK$503.90 at Daiwa Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!