UPDATE: NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) on Watch on Chatter
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Stride (LRN) Targeted in Potential Takeover by Pearsons (PSO) - Source
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - April 20, 2021 10:04 AM EDT)
NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) on watch as JP Morgan analyst speculating Samsung could acquire the company.
From the analyst, "Given SEC's strong cash-balance, robust FCF forecast and interest in the automotive space from a diversification and growth potential viewpoint, we have analyzed potential M&A scenarios based on factors such as feasibility and expected synergies post acquisition. We ruled out certain scenarios in terms of companies that we believe would be too big to acquire (TXN) or would present limited opportunities for synergies post M&A (MCHP, ADI, etc.) as well as potential political issues (Renesas). As per our analysis, we review potential scenarios including NXP, followed by Infineon and STMicro, however, we note potential political roadblocks for the latter two"
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bright Machines to Become Public Company via Merger with SCVX (SCVX)
- Social Finance Technologies to Trade on Nasdaq as “SOFI” (IPOE)
- Hershey Foods (HSY) to Acquire Lily's Confectionery Brand
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!