UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades HP Enterprise (HPE) to Underweight
- Stocks wilt, yields firm on re-pricing 'high-for-long' Fed rates
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
- BOJ stands pat, Activision acquisition deal, UAW strike - what's moving markets
Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty downgraded HP Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) from Equalweight to Underweight with a price target of $15.00 (from $17.00).
The analyst comments "~60% of business is still exposed to servers / storage, with less backlog and more challenging setups in near term. HPE is an inexpensive asset with a lot of cash flexibility between their Oracle settlement (now on balance sheet) and H3C stake. We also like elements of their business like Aruba and the HPC segment. However, with larger strategic activity unlikely in the near term given quick move in prices (and still expensive private markets), and headwinds to 60% of the business from weakening hardware pipelines, we are more cautious of HPE in the near term. While we don't see a tremendous amount of downside to valuation, we do think that the name will likely underperform in the near term."
Shares of HP Enterprise closed at $15.81 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) PT Lowered to $3 at Piper Sandler, 'We remain bearish...EBITDA margins remain pressured'
- ASOS Plc. (ASC:LN) (ASOMY) PT Lowered to GBP4.40 at Morgan Stanley
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS:DC) (VWDRY) PT Lowered to DKK180 at Berenberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Katy Huberty
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!