UPDATE: KGI Securities Starts Tesla (TSLA) at Outperform
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
KGI Securities analyst Jennifer Liang initiates coverage on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) with an Outperform rating and $855 price target, suggesting 24% upside.
The analyst commented, "Tesla will continue to stay ahead of the pack in the midterm; opportunities thrive for those with unique business models and strong competitiveness. We expect Tesla (TSLA US, US$687.20, OP) to maintain its leading position in the global EV space for at least the next 3-5 years. Tesla demonstrates technological superiority and continued dedication to enhancing its EV offerings on all fronts, including software and hardware, namely: (1) advanced Autopilot and full self-driving (FSD) features; (2) the ability for over-the-air (OTA) updates; (3) in-house design of software and electronic architecture, enabling the firm to introduce innovations faster than rivals; (4) a self-developed new 4680 battery cell architecture and unibody castings; and (5) a wide Supercharger network build-up worldwide. Nevertheless, we do not foresee market dominance for Tesla as traditional OEMs, EV start-ups, and global tech giants will seize the massive market potential and increase their competitiveness, brand awareness, software strength, and unique business models. Nio (NIO US, US$44.68, NR), for example, has a strong presence in China and its success is partially built on its battery-as-a-service (BAAS) approach."
Shares of Tesla closed at $687.20 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BofA Securities Starts Rockley Photonics Holdings Ltd (RKLY) at Buy, Sees 56% Upside
- Tesla’s (TSLA) Elon Musk Announces FSD 10.1 Rollout in 1 Week
- AstraZeneca (AZN:LN) (AZN) PT Raised to GBP100 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!