UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Acceleron Pharma (XLRN) at Hold
- European shares drop ahead of cenbank meet, UniCredit jumps on profit beat
- Caterpillar Q4 earnings miss as costs weigh
- Strong EV demand helps General Motors top Q4 income estimates
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) likely to file for bankruptcy this week - Reuters
- UPS (UPS) misses on revenue, full-year guidance
Jefferies analyst Akash Tewari initiates coverage on Acceleron Pharma (NASDAQ: XLRN) with a Hold rating and a price target of $180.00.
The analyst comments "On 9/30 MRK entered into an agreement to acquire XLRN for $180/cash (~$11.5Bn mkt cap). While we do think the deal holds, we believe MRK got a great deal given the upside for Sotatercept in PAH which we think is a $3-5Bn+ opportunity. Our report goes in depth on the upcoming STELLAR trial. Additionally, we think Reblozyl will work in 1L MDS and continue to generate a sig. and growing royalty stream for XLRN. Hold, $180 PT."
Shares of Acceleron Pharma closed at $177.13 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- William Blair Starts Cutera (CUTR) at Market Perform
- Wajax Corp (WJX:CN) (WJXFF) PT Raised to Cdn$27 at Scotiabank
- Assassin's Creed maker Ubisoft double downgraded at Jefferies, shares dip
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!