UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) to Overweight
- Stimulus hopes set to lift S&P 500 to near record highs
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil prices hit by concern over Chinese economy and higher supply
- Dollar resumes downtrend after worst week since May
- Li Auto (LI) and Xpeng (XPEV) Surge on Strong Delivery Numbers for July, Nio (NIO) Lags
JPMorgan analyst Jeremy Tonet upgraded Magellan Midstream Partners (NYSE: MMP) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $59.00 (from $75.00).
The analyst comments "Magellan’s refined product pipeline network serves favorable demographics across the southern US, while the partnership’s crude oil platform capitalizes on West Texas takeaway, Houston distribution, and growing export needs. Moreover, stable, fee-based revenue drives around 85% of partnership operating margin. Due to acquiring the GP in 2009, MMP enjoys one of the lowest costs of capital in the MLP space, allowing the partnership to outbid competitors for choice assets, while still achieving the desired accretion. We see MMP’s peer-leading stable liquids logistics businesses and best-in-class corporate governance as serving the partnership well in this energy downturn and believe recent price declines offer an attractive entry opportunity."
Shares of Magellan Midstream Partners closed at $29.46 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bloomin Brands (BLMN) Gains on Upgrade to 'Buy' at Deutsche Bank After 'Pretty Outstanding Q2 Results'
- Benchmark (BHE) Execution Overcomes Component Challenges - Needham & Company
- Papa John\'s (PZZA) PT Raised to $135 as Oppenheimer Sees SSS Upside
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!