UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Corning (GLW) to Overweight
- Wall St rebounds on tech boost after fewer jobless claims data
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Alibaba (BABA) Misses Q4 EPS by 21c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Amazon (AMZN), McDonald's (MCD) Join the Frenzy to Lure Entry-Level Employees Amid Shortage
- Dollar flat after more evidence of rising inflation
JPMorgan analyst Samik Chatterjee upgraded Corning (NYSE: GLW) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $55.00 (from $39.00).
The analyst comments "We are upgrading our recommendation on shares of GLW to OW led primarily by our improved outlook for the Optical segment, a key beneficiary of the broader adoption of highspeed broadband connectivity on account of its leadership position in fiber, which is benefiting from upcoming investments from service providers as well as investments facilitated by the RDOF funding and the government infrastructure plan. In addition to Optical, we see an improved outlook for Display even beyond the temporary tailwinds, with stickiness of pricing supporting a better revenue growth outlook long-term. Led by the improved outlook for the key segments, we now see the earlier aggressive top-line growth targets of 6%-8% to be achievable through 2025, which given the high fixed cost basis for GLW, is likely to translate into strong earnings growth in the range of 12%-15% through 2025. With the improved outlook, we see the appropriate valuation comparable to be closer to other industrial technology companies, which are trading at an average multiple of ~24x 2022 P/E."
Shares of Corning closed at $45.80 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- PLBY Group, Inc. (PLBY) Could Be the Next Big NFT Player, PT Raised to $50 at Craig-Hallum
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (OR:CN) (OR) PT Raised to Cdn$20 at TD Securities
- Bird Construction Inc. (BDT:CN) (BIRDF) PT Raised to Cdn$11.50 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!