UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Vipshop Holdings (VIPS) to Neutral
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
JPMorgan analyst Andrew Chang downgraded Vipshop Holdings (NYSE: VIPS) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $11.00 (from $22.00).
The analyst comments "Despite the share price correcting meaningfully YTD, we don’t expect the stock to outperform in the next six months, as we were wrong about the following: 1) the macro environment cool-down turned out to be worse than expected (as evidenced by China online retail sales in August), hitting discretionary items that Vipshop relies upon more than its peers; and 2) its sales and marketing expenses haven’t been scaled back much based on our observations, leading to concerns about shortterm margins and the sustainability of user engagement. We now project 2H21 revenue to grow at only 5% YoY, with its margins set to drop further QoQ/YoY. We expect Bloomberg consensus earnings estimates to be cut further, and believe its inexpensive P/E alone won’t stimulate the stock to perform, leaving it as the least attractive e-commerce stock under our coverage. Neutral."
Shares of Vipshop Holdings closed at $12.73 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corp (LIF:CN) (LIFZF) PT Lowered to Cdn$37.50 at BMO Capital
- Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund (CHE-U:CN) (CGIFF) PT Raised to Cdn$10 at CIBC
- Precision Drilling (PD:CN) (PDS) PT Raised to Cdn$65 at CIBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!