UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) to Neutral
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
JPMorgan analyst Jeremy Tonet downgraded Magellan Midstream Partners (NYSE: MMP) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $50.00 (from $55.00).
The analyst comments "MMP’s best in class corporate governance, financial flexibility, and value focused management team puts the partnership on the short list of MLPs we feel comfortable holding for the next ten years. However, compared to most other MLPs in our coverage, MMP possesses less torque to rising oil prices, and we see a lack of nearterm catalysts. Additionally, recent 2021 guidance screening below expectations highlights headwinds for the business, including a weak blending environment, crude oil contract rolls, and modest incremental benefit from the 2020 West TX refined product pipeline expansion. While the weak blending environment may appear transitory, other headwinds could persist, and we expect estimates already price in a 2022 recovery, with 2022 street median EBITDA notably above 2021. MMP also possesses a valuation premium to the space on both EV/EBITDA and FCF yield metrics. In today’s environment, we see the potential for commodity price (direct + indirect) sensitive names to outperform working against MMP here, especially given MMP’s loftier valuation. Accordingly, we downgrade MMP to Neutral from Overweight."
Shares of Magellan Midstream Partners closed at $45.10 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kuaishou Technology (1024:HK) PT Lowered to HK$120 at Morgan Stanley
- Iluka Resources Ltd (ILU:AU) (ILKAF) PT Raised to AUD8.20 at Morgan Stanley
- Towngas China Co Ltd. (1083:HK) (TGASF) PT Raised to HK$6.70 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!