UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) to Neutral
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
JPMorgan analyst Jeremy Tonet downgraded Magellan Midstream Partners (NYSE: MMP) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $50.00 (from $55.00).
The analyst comments "MMP’s best in class corporate governance, financial flexibility, and value focused management team puts the partnership on the short list of MLPs we feel comfortable holding for the next ten years. However, compared to most other MLPs in our coverage, MMP possesses less torque to rising oil prices, and we see a lack of nearterm catalysts. Additionally, recent 2021 guidance screening below expectations highlights headwinds for the business, including a weak blending environment, crude oil contract rolls, and modest incremental benefit from the 2020 West TX refined product pipeline expansion. While the weak blending environment may appear transitory, other headwinds could persist, and we expect estimates already price in a 2022 recovery, with 2022 street median EBITDA notably above 2021. MMP also possesses a valuation premium to the space on both EV/EBITDA and FCF yield metrics. In today’s environment, we see the potential for commodity price (direct + indirect) sensitive names to outperform working against MMP here, especially given MMP’s loftier valuation. Accordingly, we downgrade MMP to Neutral from Overweight."
Shares of Magellan Midstream Partners closed at $45.10 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tokyo Electron Limited (8035:JP) (TOELY) PT Raised to JPY54,000 at Goldman Sachs
- L&T Financial Holdings (LTFH:IN) PT Raised to INR131 at Goldman Sachs
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. (BANDHAN:IN) PT Raised to INR503 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!