UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Devon Energy (DVN) to Neutral
- Tech, megacaps drag Wall St to lower close as big market week kicks off
- Recession EV price wars have started, expected another 15-20% in cuts - Chowdhry
- Johnson & Johnson shares tumble on reports talc unit bankruptcy case dismissed by appeals court
- 'Don't Fight the Fed' is still alive and this week will serve as a reminder - MS Wilson
- Ford to cut prices while 'significantly' increasing Mach-E production amid Tesla cuts
JPMorgan analyst Arun Jayaram downgraded Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $83.00.
The analyst comments "Our downgrade of DVN shares is essentially a valuation call as the company has been making all of the right moves in terms of capital allocation and execution in the field. In the Shale 3.0 era, DVN’s multiple has re-rated the most among large caps, reflecting its strong execution and shareholder-friendly return strategy through its “fixed + variable” policy and buybacks. As illustrated in Figure 7, the stock is now trading at a premium valuation to the peer group. In addition, the company has announced two accretive A&D transactions in the Bakken and Eagle Ford, which will coincide with higher levels of cash return to equity holders and an acceleration in the timing of buybacks. While the latest transactions make strategic sense, we do think the second relatively noteworthy bolt-on transaction could start to impact the company’s multiple as the deals are heavier on PDP value vs. inventory depth. Finally, DVN recently announced a strategic pre-FID investment in a Floating LNG project with Delfin. We understand that the potential capex dollars net to DVN are manageable assuming the project moves to FID, but we wonder if these types of investments are more suitable for the Majors or Midstream focused companies."
Shares of Devon Energy closed at $72.17 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- R5 Capital Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Sell, 'particularly vulnerable'
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (DRRD:IN) (RDY) PT Lowered to INR5,161 at Nomura/Instinet
- Kasikornbank PCL (KBANK:TB) (KPCPY) PT Raised to THB180 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Bakken Formation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!