UPDATE: H.C. Wainwright Starts Metacrine Inc. (MTCR) at Buy
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce initiates coverage on Metacrine Inc. (NASDAQ: MTCR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $15.00.
The analyst comments "Metacrine, founded in 2014 with an IPO on September 16, 2020, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing differentiated therapies, initially for patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Based on its extensive expertise in the chemistry and biology of the farnesoid X receptor (FXR), lead oral compounds MET409 and MET642 represent novel, next-generation FXR agonists based on a unique chemical scaffold (non-bile acid, non-steroidal) with the potential for improved tolerability and treatment effect versus legacy FXR agonists. Metacrine's development goal is to preserve the full therapeutic potential of FXR (the most well-validated class in NASH), while minimizing or eliminating tolerability issues such as pruritus and AEs such as hyperlipidemia and gallstones, as seen with Intercept's (ICPT; Neutral) obeticholic acid (OCA). To achieve this goal, the company seeks to broaden the therapeutic index of its compounds via: (1) nanomolar potency (which allows for lower dose); and (2) sustained exposure and continuous target engagement."
Shares of Metacrine Inc. closed at $4.14 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Starts Processa Pharmaceuticals (PCSA) at Outperform
- UPDATE: KGI Securities Starts Tesla (TSLA) at Outperform
- Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) PT Raised to $115 at Needham & Company as Order Book Pushes $1.5B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesIPO, H.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!