UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Upgrades Southwest (LUV) to Buy
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Deutsche Bank analyst Michael Linenberg upgraded Southwest (NYSE: LUV) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $64.00 (from $50.00).
The analyst comments "We are raising our 12-month price target (PT) on LUV shares from $50 to $64 which is derived by applying a ~7 EV/EBITDAR multiple to our 2022 EBITDAR estimate and a ~6 EV/EBITDAR multiple to our 2023 EBITDAR estimate (which compares to the stock's historical trading range of 6x - 8x, although multiples can trade above the range during a recession/recovery period). The downside risk to our price target is if we fail to see a leveling-off in new COVID-19 cases. Fuel price volatility is also a key downside/upside risk: every 10% move in jet fuel impacts our 2021 EPS estimate by $0.40. Other downside risk factors are economic weakness, government regulation, taxation, airport constraints, safety concerns, the threat of terrorism and war, associated costs/risks with labor negotiations and the revaluation of the stock market resulting in a higher equity risk premium being applied to airline shares.both are at or below the lower end of the stock’s historical trading range, which we think is a reasonable application in light of the current challenging demand environment)."
Shares of Southwest closed at $52.81 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Southwest (LUV) to Neutral
- SSAB AB (SSABB:SS) (SSAAY) PT Raised to SEK54 at Jefferies
- Infosys Ltd. (INFO:IN) (INFY) PT Raised to INR1,580 at Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!