UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Downgrades Westlake Chemical (WLK) to Hold
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Deutsche Bank analyst David Begleiter downgraded Westlake Chemical (NYSE: WLK) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $102.00 (from $104.00).
The analyst commented, "We are downgrading Westlake to Hold from Buy. Westlake shares are up 29% over the past 4 months (S&P: +10%) as forecasted March-May '21 US integrated ethylene / polyethylene margins have more than doubled since November. However, with ethylene / polyethylene production constraints expected to lessen over the next month as the effects of the February deep freeze in Texas are resolved, US integrated ethylene / polyethylene margins are forecasted to decline nearly 40% by year-end. And just as Wesltake shares benefitted from the significant expansion in ethylene chain margins, we believe the shares would react negatively to these margins compressing (significantly) in the back half of year."
Shares of Westlake Chemical closed at $94.64 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Siemens AG (SIE:GR) (SIEGY) PT Raised to EUR170 at Jefferies
- ESR Cayman Ltd (1821:HK) (ESRCF) PT Raised to HK$29.20 at Morgan Stanley
- Origin Energy Ltd. (ORG:AU) (OGFGY) PT Lowered to AUD6.50 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!